Watchful Eyes - Silk Eyemask
Designed to coordinate with the Medusa scarf, the eyes on this silk eyemask are drawn in the style of eyes that often decorated Ancient Greek wine cups, and the motif is assumed to have apotropaic symbolism. When one would raise the shallow wine kylix to their face, the eyes painted on the side of the cup would form a mask that stares at other revelers while the drinker’s vision is obscured, thus protecting the drinker from harm or theft.
These eyemasks are intended to serve a similar symbolic evil-averting function for the wearer. Wear it to block out light during travel, migraines, midday naps, or while dreaming away the troubles of day, and rest peacefully while these eyes keep watch for you.
This is a reversible design, with a different eye motif on each side. This eyemask is limited to an edition of only 50.
- 100% mulberry silk satin exterior
- Extra plush 100% rayon interior batting layer for breathable comfort
- Wide elasticized band encased in ruched silk
- One size fits most. Unstretched, the inner circumference measures 52cm. Stretched, it measures 77cm.
- Packaged in a branded gift box
To care for your eyemask, occasional gentle hand washing in lukewarm water with a silk-safe detergent is encouraged.